Our Goal at Raising A Reader MA is to
We are committed to providing opportunities for young learners and their families. We hope that you enjoy these curated tools with your child and foster their love of reading!
Family Literacy Calendar
Check out our printable calendar for daily tips and activities to do with your little ones throughout the year. Use this calendar as a guide to help create a literacy-rich environment for you and your family!
Story Time Videos
Check periodically for our read aloud videos. Allow your child to become the storyteller by looking at the illustrations and listening to the different languages.
Raising A Reader MA Partners
Raising A Reader National
We are proud to be affiliated with the national branch of Raising A Reader and are eager to share their resources with our Massachusetts communities.
Authors have collaborated with Raising A Reader to record story time videos narrating their own children’s books which can be found on this YouTube playlist. Raising A Reader National has also curated a playlist of Parent Reading Strategies that enhance reading practices at home.
Their Shared Reading Program has access to read aloud in English and Spanish, story guides, and extension activities.
As a Raising A Reader MA partner and sponsor of “Power Play for Pre-K,” PNC Bank is committed to fostering a strong learning environment for young children.
The PNC Great Readers connects families with videos where PNC community partners read their favorite children’s books aloud.
For families looking for a way to incorporate literacy habits into daily life, we recommend exploring their tips for Everyday Learning.
Resources For Teaching About Racial Injustice And Equality
- Embrace Race: Read Aloud Books for Raising a Brave Generation
- Today’s Parent: 30 Books to Help You Talk to Your Kid About Racism
- Video: Helping Kids Process Violence, Trauma and Race in a World of Nonstop News
- Teaching Tolerance: Race & Ethnicity
- Talking to Children about Racial Bias
- Uplifting Youth Through Healthy Conversation about Race
- Talking About Race, Racism and Racial Violence with Kids
- Black parents describe “the talk” they give children about police
- Barack Obama on how to capitalize on this moment
- A Conversation on Race – series of short films