Rodman Ride for Kids
Raising A Reader has a team of rider participating in the Rodman Ride for Kids! Riders choose between the 25 or 50 mile route and reach out to their friends and family to raise money to support our mission. Please consider donating or joining us for this wonderful day. Reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
September 21, 2019 | Foxboro, MA | 8 am - 2 pm (estimated)
Dinner with an Author
Join us for our signature fundraising gala, Dinner with an Author! Please check back at the end of the year for more information or reach out to [email protected] for questions.
Save the Date: May 14, 2020
Emerging Leaders Board
Raising A Reader MA’s Emerging Leaders (EL) was conceived and established by the RAR MA Board of Directors as an independent group with its own Board structure in order to raise awareness of RAR MA to young professionals in the greater Boston area. Emerging Leaders is a membership based group, whose participants regularly contribute to the progression of the organization's core mission and develop into potential future leaders, specifically as EL and RAR-MA Board members.
EL members apply to participate in the group and have a fundraising goal for the year. Applications are reviewed and accepted by the RAR-MA EL Board.
Co-Chair – Emily Leinbach, The Bowdoin Group
Co-Chair – Chapman Leedy, Federal Reserve Boston
Chair Emeritus – Josh Schaer, Freshii Boston
Lauren Atsalis, Bass Doherty
Manusha Chereddy, Harbourvest
Sarah Curry, Jones Lange Lasalle Boston
Jack Gilbert, Cambridge Associates
Parker Greiwe, Boston Children's Hospital
Bill Hall, Gordon's Wine & Liquor
Serene Liu, IBM Labs
Kevin O’Hanlon, Marcus & Millichap
Brendan Rice, Magellan Jets
Ian White, Marcus & Millichap
Emerging Leader Fundraising Events:
Part-time, Chelsea, MA
Raising A Reader MA currently has an opening for a part time (20 hrs/week) Program Coordinator, to be based in our Chelsea office, with frequent travel to program partner sites across Greater Boston (Chelsea, Revere, Malden, Everett, Lynn). They will work at the direction of a region-based Senior Program Manager.
- Entrepreneurial and charismatic with motivation and ability to establish Raising A Reader MA as an effective partner in the community
- Deep commitment to creating high-impact opportunities for children and families
- Familiarity with community preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Training and marketing abilities, leadership skills, and public speaking experience
- Creative thinking, specifically related to project implementation
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity and comfort with technology applications; experience with Salesforce or similar data management system preferred
- Strong administrative capabilities, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Exceptional ability to work effectively with people representing diverse cultures
- Car and valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional/life experience) in Education, Human Services, or other related field
- 1+ years of experience in early childhood development, education or social services
To apply, please send resume and detailed cover letter to [email protected] Please indicate preference for schedule and location, as well as where you learned about this opportunity.
Other Ways to Support Us
Businesses, schools and community groups often host new and used book drives to support Raising A Reader MA.
Assist in tasks such as entering family pre- and post- Red Bag implementation surveys, entering information forms, and entering partner surveys.
Assist in re-organizing our copy room, sorting books, filing documents, repurposing old technology, and other general office management tasks.
THROUGH OUR AMAZON WISHLIST
Give the gift of literacy when you provide us with workshop supplies such as gift cards, flip chart paper, and books!
CURRICULUM & OUTREACH
Assist in preparing email communications for program participants using Constant Contact and preparing texting communications for program participants.
Assist in tasks such as translating documents (Arabic, Somali, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole, Spanish, and more needed), contributing to our monthly newsletter, researching new funder prospects, and graphic design.
Interested in these and other opportunities?
Sign up for weekly volunteer updates from RAR MA in your inbox!