Helping You Help Us Help Families in Massachusetts
There are many incredible people that contribute to our success in a variety of ways. Did you know all of the ways you could support Raising A Reader MA?
- You can now give through your Donor-Advised Fund online. How? Visit our donation page and scroll down. Then select your DAF provider.
- Double your impact through corporate matches. How? After you make your donation, ask your employer about its matching gifts program. It can be as simple as filling out an online form.
- Leave your literacy legacy through planned giving. Gifts by will are a meaningful way to leave unrestricted funding to Raising A Reader MA and to help create the next generation of readers and leaders. How? Please consult your attorney and consider gifting us a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your residual estate or a specific asset.
- Have a birthday fundraiser through Facebook to benefit Raising A Reader MA. How? Visit this link and search for “Raising A Reader MA (Rar-ma, Inc.)”. Then your friends can help you reach your fundraising goal!
- Host a book drive. Our program gives families access to books through our rotating library of books in our signature Red Book Bags. With book donations, we can also give families books to keep. How? Please view the guidelines here and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join our Rodman Ride team. Every year we assemble a team of riders to participate in the #1 one-day athletic fundraising event supporting kids in the country. Choose the 25 or 50 mile route or be a virtual rider. All riders solicit donations from friends and family to benefit Raising A Reader MA. How? Email Bridget Malicki at email@example.com for more information.
- Volunteer at the Rodman Ride. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities on the day of the ride. How? Email Bridget Malicki at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. It’s usually on the 3rd Saturday in September.
- Coordinate a Lunch and Learn with your company. How? Please contact Mary Ann Lerner at email@example.com to learn more.
- Join our Dinner with an Author gala committee. It takes a village to pull off our biggest fundraiser of the year. We are always looking for people who are interested in soliciting sponsorships, auction items and contributing to all the other aspects of the event. How? Email Mary Ann Lerner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Volunteer to help us evaluate our impact. We measure our impact through thousands of surveys from partners and parents. Detail-oriented volunteers are needed to assist in entering this data into our system. How? Email Kate Winder at email@example.com if you are interested.
- Volunteer at our Dinner with an Author gala. We rely on volunteers to assist with our check in and check out process. This requires a little pre-event training so you can use the system. How? Email Mary Ann Lerner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Volunteer at the local offices. We are headquartered in Boston, but have a team of program staff located in Brockton, Chelsea, Lawrence and Springfield. How? If you are located in one of those areas and wish to help with various data-entry, office clean up or other miscellaneous tasks, please email the following people. Boston: Catalina Rojas email@example.com; Brockton: Maria Mombeleur firstname.lastname@example.org; Chelsea: Guadalupe Panameño email@example.com; Lawrence: Tasha Espendez firstname.lastname@example.org; Springfield: Francia Wisnewski email@example.com.
- Are you a young professional interested in giving back? Apply to join our Emerging Leaders Committee. How? Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.